New? Let’s Start Here …
I don’t eat perfectly and neither do my kids. Our eating habits are a work in progress, as we all are.
I created this blog as a safe, judgement free place to share what works (what doesn’t) when it comes to feeding kids. You will find ideas, recipes, inspiration, and most of all, reassurance.
What you won’t find is nagging and fear mongering nonsense. We are all in this together. Let’s support each other!
(this is my daughter Kaylie, she’s the real star of my blog).
What you will find here is:
Recipes: for breakfast, lunch and dinner – plus lunchbox ideas, snacks and beverages.
Advice: for raising happy healthy kids (even the pickiest eaters).
Resources: for improving snack quality at school, special events and sports.
Tips: for shopping, budgeting, reading labels and time management.
Support: join our free and private Facebook Group (it’s for parents to hang out, ask questions and get help).
5 things you should know about me:
1. I’m a reformed idealist – that pretty much happened the day I had kids. Now I am totally realistic about life as a mom and how I’ll handle healthy eating. I know my kids will have junk food (and that’s ok, occasionally), but I get really irked when I see “healthy snacks” that are either sugar laden or a bag of chemicals, grr! served as school or sports snacks.
2. I agree a diet based mainly on whole foods is best for all of us (particularly growing kids) but I don’t do well with pushing the idea of food being toxic and poisonous. It’s all about making the best choice we can.
4. I don’t believe in deprivation. It just leads to feeling bad and like a failure. I have learned to incorporate foods I love into my life.
5. I eat standing up most of the time. I’ve done this since my kids were really young. It saved the up and down every meal. But I do enjoy a nice sit down family meal when I can.
You can connect with me:
- Join the Smart Mom Nutrition community on Facebook.
- Chat with me in our private Facebook Group
- Tweet with me on Twitter
- Follow my Pinterest boards
- Get your daily dose of healthy-grams on Instagram
Here are some other resources you will find on the website:
You're not alone!
Take the first step.
Get help making real changes to your family's health and habits without judgement. You can do this. Sign up to get fresh dinner recipes, quick snack ideas, plus weekly wisdom and guidance to help you raise happy, healthy eaters.