Oven baked sweet potato fries are so easy to make and I can bet that your kids will love them, I know mine do (even the pickiest one).
My whole family fell in love with these oven baked sweet potato fries, which was quite surprising to me because I have a couple of picky eaters here. They are delicious to serve with fish (or homemade chicken strips) or even on their own as a snack. I like them sprinkled with sea salt and vinegar and my kids prefer to dip them in a chipotle dip.
We used to be a frozen sweet potato family until I read the ingredient list on the back of the bag (you can read about that here) and I felt it would be healthier for us if I started to make my own fries. It only takes a few minutes to peel and slice the potatoes, then toss them with a little olive oil and sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt and paprika. Bake them on a baking sheet. That’s it.
They are super easy to make and so delicious your kids will want them every night for dinner. Why not? They are healthy real food and you aren’t feeding them all the additives.
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Oven baked sweet potatoe fries that are cripsy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- Method: Oven
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and paprika.
- Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.